Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Floppy Drive Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mooniniteman

mooniniteman

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:21 PM

my old floppy drive recntly pooped out on me (or so I thought) so I just got a new one and im still getting no response... sam as the old one... its not even reading the disc... no green light or anything... plz help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mooniniteman

mooniniteman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:51 PM

noobie error I had the one of the cables reversed. but now when I boot up the computer i get an error message during the bios screen... it says

"Floppy disk(s) failed (40)" any idea what that means? i need the floppy drive so any help is appreciated >.<

#3 Gothmog

Gothmog

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:39 PM

I would check for any bent pins on the drive and board. Then make sure that both ends of the cable are in the right direction. If still not working try a different cable.

Someone else listed this as their solution.

The "Swap Floppy Drive" was enabled in the BIOS, once it was disabled the message disappeared.

You might also have something else wrong in the BIOS if this is not it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users