Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

script touchup

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 motomaniac

motomaniac

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 30 December 2004 - 06:42 PM

I have an old document, like 100 yrs.+, that I've scanned to take out some crease marks, fold, etc. Some of the writing is very thin in places. Is there an easy way to give a little lift to the script. If I try to go in and manually redo some of the writing, it just doesn't match, and it looks fake.

I can email a clip of the page if someone wants to tinker with it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2004 - 07:32 PM

Send it to me through the board, I'll take a look at it. What are you using to edit it with?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 motomaniac

motomaniac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2005 - 09:23 AM

I'm using Photoshop 7.

How do I send you something through this board? I don't see where I can attach anything.

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2005 - 09:24 AM

Use a photo hosting site like Photo Bucket

It's free and quite easy to use.
Sign up, log-in, click on the "browse" button. Find your "image" and then click "submit". Your picture will upload and you will see it right there. There will be 3 links under your picture. Use "URL" to post a link to the picture.

Edited by scarlett, 01 January 2005 - 09:28 AM.

Posted Image

#5 motomaniac

motomaniac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2005 - 09:35 PM

ok, I forgot about a web page I have from my ISP.

The address is

http://webpages.charter.net/erikandkelli/

the name of the file is "sample.psd", I know its small, but I can put more up if I need to.

Thanks,

Erik

#6 chiefmasterjedi

chiefmasterjedi

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 03 January 2005 - 10:48 AM

I have an old document, like 100 yrs.+, that I've scanned to take out some crease marks, fold, etc. Some of the writing is very thin in places. Is there an easy way to give a little lift to the script. If I try to go in and manually redo some of the writing, it just doesn't match, and it looks fake.

I can email a clip of the page if someone wants to tinker with it.

Hi,
If your using photoshop7 (and i take it you are familiar with it's layout!), open the scanned document, if it is in .bmp format then go image/mode/grayscale, this will allow you to duplicate and work on the original without ruining it. Next right click on the document in the layers palette (bottom right) and choose "duplicate layer", name it whatever you like, now highlight the new layer in the layers palette, then right click on the eraser tool in the tools palette (left) and choose the magic eraser, set tolerance to around 10 and opacity @100%, leave the other boxes unchecked (top), then click on the WHITE area of the document, this will make all the white disappear, now your left with just the text. Now right click the "text only document" in your layers palette and choose blending options, next check the "stroke" box and click on it to open the settings for "stroke", change the color to black (as it will most definitely be gray!) and change the stroke to center (default will be "outside), now just play with the size and opacity to get the desired effect and then click "ok" to save the changes.
You can also play with the blending options at the top of the layers palette as-well, to try and achieve a more subtle look.
Once you have finished and are happy, just save the new document to whatever format you like.

Hope this helps,
Chief.

P.S. there are 100's of ways to reach your desired effect and the above guide was the easiest to explain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users