Posted 04 January 2007 - 11:13 AM
My new core duo laptop starts extremely slowww.
It hangs very long at the windows boot screen.
Even on a new windows install the blue bar in the boot screen goes back and forward 14 times!!
I have installed windows on many computers much slower than this asus laptop & a new windows should start a lot faster.
I have already tried the following:
- install all drivers from cd-rom (makes it even slower, which is normal)
- run services.msc and msconfig to to remove unnecessary startup
- windows update + dual core hotfix
- asus live update
- countless tweaks..
- disable some hardware, network cards, wlan, infrared....
- formatted, reinstalled windows xp pro 3 times
- the original windows media center was't very satisfying either
Ones windows is started all runs smoothly,
but 2 minutes startup time is way to long for this laptop & very annoying!.
Its a superb laptop damn it!!
Why is it taking so long to start????
thank you for your support.
specs: asus laptop a8jn series
core duo t5600 1.83ghz
1024 Mb ram
win xp pro version 2002 + sp2