Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Running Slow

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 soccerbeast84

soccerbeast84

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:23 AM

Hello,

I have a feeling that my problem with my sound not working might be related to my computer running slow as well. I downloaded Trendmicro PC-cillin, and when i tried to do my latest virus scan, it got through searching for Microsoft vulnerabilities, but then stopped when searching for spyware, and would not scan any more files. Any suggestions? Thank you so very much for any help in the least bit.

Soccerbeast84 :thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:46 AM

A slow running computer can be caused by all sorts of things, but the first step is to make sure you don't have any viruses etc.

What anti-virus software are you using?

I would recommend downloading and installing Spybot and Ad-Aware and scanning with both of these as well as your anti-virus. I would also download and install CCleaner and use that to clean all the junk off your hard-drive.

Then I would try an on-line scan with Housecall (or one of the others out there).

Also check that you have all the latest Microsoft updates installed.

If all these come up clean then you need to look elsewhere.

I would also defrag the hard-drive if you haven't recently and check the the hard-drive isn't nearly full, as a badly fragmented or nearly full hard-drive will certainly slow your system down.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users