Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

360 On Lcd Monitor.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 luciusad2004

luciusad2004

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:16 AM

Ok its been a while since i posted here but i have a question so i thought id pop in and ask here. I recently aquired an xbox 360. I however know that i wont be getting and HDTV anytime soon. It would be really easy to connect my 360 to a computer monitor by purchasing the cables that output to vga. So my real question is this

Would a LCD computer monitor have a better picture than my standard television? I know its not high definition but its still a higher resolution than a standard def tv isnt it?

In short is the higher resolution of a computer monitor really worth the money it would cost to buy a cable to connect my 360 to it. Will i be able to notice the difference?

Thanks for any responses.

Edited by luciusad2004, 04 January 2007 - 12:18 AM.

---Computer Science Major---

Sophomore - I'll graduate... someday

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:08 PM

Try this article from IGN

This article should talk about how to do it, as well as connecting audio through your PC speakers.

I'm about to do that myself for my PS3 by getting an HDMI>DVI connector.

#3 luciusad2004

luciusad2004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for the link... ima go read that now, I already know im just gonna use the stock 360 cables that output to vga. I saw them in the store the otherday. I would do the DVI thing, but unfortunatly the 360 doesn't have HDMI output so i cant do digital. oh well. : (

Thanks for the link. : )

Edit: thanks for that, that clears it up for me im definetly going to try and get myself the cables to do this.

Edited by luciusad2004, 06 January 2007 - 06:21 PM.

---Computer Science Major---

Sophomore - I'll graduate... someday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users