Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help The Poor Person!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Zashin

Zashin

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:42 PM

I been looking through my computer today since it was running slower then before so I did a virus can found 3 trojens and thats it. I got rid of them and then went to system start up area and found a software called dmdri.exe and i dont know if its a virus or not. I never saw that name before and anti-virus doesnt pick it up. If anyone can help me find out if its a virus I would be most happy.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:31 AM

It might be spyware. What anti-spyware applications are you using?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 04 January 2007 - 04:27 AM

Did a Google on the file name, and only one thing came up KLick
What kind of Antivirus program do you have?

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,750 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 04 January 2007 - 11:37 AM

Go to jotti's virusscan or virustotal.com
In the "File to upload & scan" box, browse to the location of the dmdri.exe file and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.
Post back with the results of the file analysis.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 Zashin

Zashin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:07 AM

I use EArthlink anti-virus and nod32

#6 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:05 AM

Please follow the advise of quietman7 and post back the result

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,750 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:50 AM

You should not be using more than one anti-virus program due to conflicts that can arise when both are running in real-time mode simultaneously. Anti-virus software componets insert themselves into the operating systems core and using more than one can cause instability, crash your computer, slow performance and waste system resources. When actively running in the background while connected to the Internet, they both may try to update their defintion databases are the same time. As the programs compete for resources required to download the necessary files this often can result in sluggish system performance or unresponsive behavior.

Each anti-virus will often interpret the activity of the other as a virus and there is a greater chance of them alerting you to "False Positives". If one finds a virus and then the other also finds the same virus, both programs will be competing over exclusive rights on dealing with that virus. Each anti-virus will attempt to seize the offending file and quarantine it. If one finds and quarantines the file before the other one does, then you encounter the problem of both wanting to scan each other's zipped or archived files and each reporting the other's quarantined contents. This can lead to a repetivite cycle of endless alerts that continually warn you that a virus has been found. Deciding which anti-virus solution to remove is your choice. Be aware that you may lose your subscription to that anti-virus program's virus definitions once you uninstall that software.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users