Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Norton Disk Doctor" REPLACEMENT?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 puppetj

puppetj

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:12 AM

Hi, i'am trying to look for a free "Norton Disk Doctor" REPLACEMENT!
Something thats Almost 100% like it and does the scan, and reboot scan the same way, i know of the winxp one i have, but it does work the sane way ndd dos, btw it the one from norton utils 2002, but all i want is the "Norton Disk Doctor" type of REPLACEMENT! Thanks!

SPLIT from the "Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps" Forum. ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 03 January 2007 - 06:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:32 AM

Gparted The best and easiest (re)formatting tool I have seen. It changes from NFTS to FAT32 and vice versa no problemo!! Dump partition magic :thumbsup:

#3 puppetj

puppetj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:28 PM

No thats a partition tool!, i need a ndd replacement

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,111 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:35 AM

What kind of computer are you using? Mac or PC?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:55 AM

Hi, i'am trying to look for a free "Norton Disk Doctor" REPLACEMENT!
Something thats Almost 100% like it and does the scan, and reboot scan the same way, i know of the winxp one i have, but it does work the sane way ndd dos, btw it the one from norton utils 2002, but all i want is the "Norton Disk Doctor" type of REPLACEMENT! Thanks!

SPLIT from the "Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps" Forum. ~acklan~

Now I see how my reply ended up here :thumbsup: Ip placed it in the freeware section..

Are you looking for specific tool from the NDD family?

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 04 January 2007 - 11:16 AM

It looks like he ONLY want NDD 2002.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:41 AM

Is this the procedure that you're trying to follow?: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/num.n...lg=en&ct=us

If so, the first place to start is at the website of the manufacturer of the hard drive. They generally have free tools for diagnosing and repairing their own hard drives.

If it's not a hard drive, then first try the manufacturer's website. Then try Google searches which include "free" or "freeware" in the search terms - that'll give back results for the type of media you wish to diagnose/repair. For example to diagnose/repair a USB flash drive, search for "flash drive repair freeware". The search will also turn up shareware (because it offers a "free" trial) - so you'll have to sift through the results.

Let us know specifically what you're trying to diagnose/repair and we can give more input.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users