Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Installing Wireless Mouse

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kev25v6

kev25v6

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:56 PM

Im trying to install a cordless mouse and keyboard to my dads computer. It is a belkin f8e846 mouse and the computer is an e-machines running xp home.

When i put the dongle into the usb and insert the cd it loads the drivers and they appear in the tool bar but the mouse or keyboard wont work. A message comes up on start up saying there is a problem with loading a ps/2 mouse and that it may not work properly. Ive tried it on my computer (xp home) and it works without having to put the cd in. What could be wrong with my dads computer that it wont recignise the new mouse and keyboard?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 peteyg67

peteyg67

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 05 January 2007 - 06:53 PM

Test it in another usb slot it could be the problem with it!!!!!!!

#3 kev25v6

kev25v6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:15 PM

Ive tried it in all of the usb ports, ive downloaded new drivers from the net for it, ive tried to install a logitech wireless mouse too but that wont load either. There seems to be a problem with the divers for the original mouse but even they wont install from the disk that came with the computer. Im going to get him to save all he needs off of it and do a complete reinstall from scratch.

#4 peteyg67

peteyg67

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:27 PM

Well there seems to be something worng with windows as it is not registering that there is a new device installed is the wired mouse and keyboard working!!!!!

#5 kev25v6

kev25v6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 07:38 PM

The wired keyboard works fine but the roller on the mouse dont work. The cables always get in the way on his desk so thought a wireless one would be a good idea, does not seem that good now. It works perfectly on my computer, it must be something to do with xp messing up because it wont auto install anything when you plug it in.

#6 peteyg67

peteyg67

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:19 PM

Yea windows is not finding the mouse as device!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users