Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivermins Files Can't Be Found

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Clydesdale™

Clydesdale™

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:59 AM

First off, I'm new new & I'm truely impressed with this site; glad to be here. :thumbsup:

I have a type of spyware / adware virus in my computer and can get ride or it. I've tried BitDefender9Pro, SpyWare/Adware removeal tool, Zone alarm, & Ad-AwareSE and none work. I get this message on the botom right handside toolbar; a small screen pops up showing there's a Trojan/spyware on infecting my computer. When I click on the virus message, I get a screen telling me that AntiVermins will remove it... bla bla bla etc..

A friend of mine told me about this forum so I joined and followed these instructions: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lof...php/t69886.html I did the manual method and none of these
cvnzie.dll
kuhmk.dll
ownyhr.dll
vwfps.dll
cthkpcv.dll
were found in my system32 but that popup still comes up. What else can I do?

Thanks in advance.
Here's a pic of the message, bit hard to read

Posted Image
Clydesdale™

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:25 AM

Welcome at BC. Did you do the Panda Online Scan

1. Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button

2. A new window will open...click the Check Now button

3. Enter your Country

4. Enter your State/Province

5. Enter your e-mail address and click send

6. Select either Home User or Company

7. Click the big Scan Now button

8. If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it

9. It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a few minutes)

10. When download is complete, click on Local Disks to start the scan

27. When the online scan has been completed, let it remove what it finds, and then you can close Internet Explorer.

Your computer should now be free of the AntiVermins infection.

If you are still having problems with spyware after completing these instructions, then please follow the steps outlined in the topic linked below:

Klick

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:27 PM

I did the manual method and none of these...were found in my system32 but that popup still comes up. What else can I do?

If that method failed, then follow the Automated Removal Instructions for using the smitfraudfix.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Clydesdale™

Clydesdale™
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:44 PM

Well, I did the Panda Online Scan and lots was found..... I then clicked on Disinfection Advice and I now have to buy Panda AvtivScan to fix.

The Automated Removal Instructions for using the smitfraudfix wouldn't work because I couldn't get my computer to start in Safe Mode. I did get to the dos screen where I could select the Start in Safe Mode but nothing would happen.

Does Panda Titanium 2006 Anit-Virus + AntiSpyware include Panda AvtivScan? I went to the Panda site and I can't tell if it does or not. I'm asking because I do have a copy of Panda Titanium 2006 Anit-Virus + AntiSpyware but it's not installed.
Clydesdale™

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,318 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:13 PM

Here is a link to an online virus scanner that will remove what it finds:
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

You can also post a Hijack This log by following the instructions in the link below. I believe you are going to need the expert help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,758 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:12 PM

The Automated Removal Instructions for using the smitfraudfix wouldn't work because I couldn't get my computer to start in Safe Mode.

Then try running it in normal mode.

Perform the Bitdefender scan as buddy215 suggested and also download and scan with SUPERAntiSypware Free for Home Users.
If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.

#7 Gamer78

Gamer78

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:58 AM

I just had an experience with the Antivermins software yesterday. Download and install SpyBot Search and Destroy to your computer from the following website

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html

Run it and it will find what is causing the Antivermins popup. Then just use the Fix tool and it will remove any malicious software it finds. Before I did this, however, I went to Add or Remove Programs in My Control Panel and Uninstalled the Antivermins program. Im not a big whiz like most of these guys, but it worked for me.

Austin

Edited by Gamer78, 04 January 2007 - 08:59 AM.

#8 Clydesdale™

Clydesdale™
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2007 - 11:26 AM

I just ran SmitFraudFix in normal mode and it fixed it. :thumbsup:

Thank you all for your help, I sure learnt stuff here. Great site!
:flowers:

The Automated Removal Instructions for using the smitfraudfix wouldn't work because I couldn't get my computer to start in Safe Mode.

Then try running it in normal mode.

Perform the Bitdefender scan as buddy215 suggested and also download and scan with SUPERAntiSypware Free for Home Users.
If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.

Edited by Clydesdale™, 04 January 2007 - 11:30 AM.

Clydesdale™

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,758 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2007 - 11:33 AM

Good job. :thumbsup:

Now you should SET A NEW RESTORE POINT to prevent reinfection from an old restore point. Any malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since System Restore is a protected directory, your tools can not access it to delete these bad files which can reinfect your system. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to set a new RESTORE POINT:
1. Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
2. Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
3. Then go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
4. Click "OK".
5. Click the "More Options" Tab.
6. Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.

#10 Clydesdale™

Clydesdale™
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:49 PM

Just did it, thanks a lot!!!! :thumbsup:

Good job. :flowers:

Now you should SET A NEW RESTORE POINT to prevent reinfection from an old restore point. Any malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since System Restore is a protected directory, your tools can not access it to delete these bad files which can reinfect your system. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to set a new RESTORE POINT:
1. Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
2. Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
3. Then go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
4. Click "OK".
5. Click the "More Options" Tab.
6. Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.

Clydesdale™

#11 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,758 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:51 PM

Your welcome. :thumbsup: