Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pavilion N5250 Mainboard

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lil Bastard

Lil Bastard

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:55 AM

I have a HP pavilion N5250. The system will start and begin to load windows XP for about a minute and then the screen will go blank and the system will ocationally shutdown. The system is completely stock and no externals are attached.

The problem occurs wether it is plugged in or on battery power.

Would this require a mainboard replacement or is there a possibility of a less costly repair? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:58 AM

Here's a hardware troubleshooting guide that may help you: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70216/hardware-troubleshooting-via-system-stripdown/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:57 AM

Many of the HP laptops that I have worked on have a built in HDD test in the BIOS, also some also have pc doctor diagnostics built into the recovery partition.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#4 gharvell

gharvell

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:19 PM

Hello,

Just thought I would throw in my two cents. I'm an an a+ tech, and I have the same model HP notebook. It was used when I got it, and it had the same problem when I tried to reinstall windows xp pro. It seems that the CPU fan was not running... The system was overheating the processor and shutting it down during the install. On mine I used a little unorthodox method of cooling it off during the install process.

I turned on my ac in the house "central heat and ac" and placed the computer on the vent during the install process to keep it cool. After XP was fully installed, no more problems with the processor overheating. Voila. A great laptop without the fuss of replacing parts!!!!

Hopefully this will be of some help.

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users