I followed the instructions about event viewer and came up with the following.
In Applications there were 7 errors marked red. These 7 all had the Event ID 1000.
(1) Faulty application Firefox exe, version 1.8.20061.20418. faulting module ntdll.dll version 5.1.2600.2180
fault address 0x000111e0.
(2) same info as (1) with different fault address 0x0001f378
(3) same info as (1) but faulting module js3250.dll,version 184.108.40.206. fault address 0x0004a797.
(4) same as (1) but faulting module Firefox.exe and fault address 0x0001b6a6.
(5) same as (1) but faulting module ntdll.dll and fault address 0x000106c3.
(6) same as (1) but fault bucket 360532761.
(7) same as (1) but fault module js3250.dll, version 220.127.116.11, fault address 0x00020dc2.
In System I found the following red marked errors.
Error: Event ID 20035
Remote Access Connection Manager failed to start because it could not create buffers. restart the
Computer. Access denied.
(2) Service Control Manager.
Error: Event ID 7023
The Remote Access Connection Manager service terminated with the following error Access is Denied.
These two came with a link to Microsoft which explained the problem but I don't really understand the technical stuff so well.
The address was http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
Appreciate you guys help with this.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.