Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel cursor movements

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 floyd

floyd

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 30 December 2004 - 03:18 PM

If I go to tool/options/edit, there is a drop down box allowing me to change the direction of the cursor move on hitting the enter key and that's fine.
My question is, if I change it from say right to down for a certain sheet, it also changes my in my other sheets that I may want to move in a different direction.
Is it possible to make that selection specific to a certain sheet instead of making it act globally which it seems to want to do?
I am using Excel 2002.
Thank you
Floyd

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 31 December 2004 - 04:21 PM

No unfrotunately this is a global configuration option for excel. Once you change a program option, that option is set for all subsequent files that you open

#3 floyd

floyd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2004 - 04:25 PM

Thanks grinler. That's what I was afraid of. Have a great New Years.
Floyd

#4 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,574 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 06 January 2005 - 11:14 PM

MOUSE! MOUSE! MOUSE! SPECIAL SUPER MOUSE FOR EXCEL! :thumbsup:

floyd,
Grinler is right of course.
But there is a solution. A $10-15 solution.
Actually sky is the limit.

I have a mouse with a wheel on top (Kensington). In Excel to go one way, I click the wheel to go horizontally, then I scroll left or right. To change scroll direction, I click the wheel again and it scrolls up and down now.

When the wheel is clicked you get a little icon showing the direction for your next scroll. It's fabulous. And it confirms the mouse works.

Few applications don't honor this mouse (VBA behind Excel is one of them), but most do. Bleeping Computer almost does, except there is no horizontal scroll bar, but I see the mouse willing to change direction.

Now where is Jason's CAT?

#5 Curious1947

Curious1947

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2005 - 07:30 PM

At the risk of being simplistic (this is my first response to a question), do you know that, by default, the tab key makes the next cell to the right the active cell, shift-tab makes the next left cell active, enter makes the next lower cell active, shift-enter makes the cell above the active cell. (Sorry for the long run-on sentence, but that's how I teach it in my classes.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users