Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hanns-g Hw191d Not Working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnhudson

johnhudson

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 02 January 2007 - 01:55 PM

Hello,

I have this monitor, and a Dell dimension desktop. I use Windows XP home edition. I have an old video card, i believe it is a Nvidia Geforce 2 graphics card, 64mb I think. I use a program called "powerstrip" to give me a custom resolution to my monitor of 1440x900 pixels via VGA cable.

Typically, when I start my computer, it will say "input signal out of range" until the powerstrip program kicks in and all is well.

Recently I had to move my computer and monitor. So today when I went to hook it all back up, the monitor said "input signal out of range" but will not display anything. Since I cannot see windows at all, I don't know what to do. I've tried turning everything off and on again, and reconnecting all the cords. I also tried hooking up my computer to another monitor, but that monitor also said that the display was not correct, so it looks like the powerstrip is at least doing something to the resolution signal. I tried hooking up my Hanns-G monitor to my laptop, but I can't figure out how to get the laptop to output the VGA signal to another monitor.

If anyone has any ideas of something I could try, that would be great. Thanks!

Edited by johnhudson, 02 January 2007 - 02:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 johnhudson

johnhudson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:11 PM

I've managed to start my computer in safe mode, if that helps at all. But I still can't get the monitor to display normally. Any ideas?

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:31 AM

If I am not mistaking you can see on the F buttons ( F5?) a smal sign of a monitor. Push ALT and F5 together and you should get a monitor signal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users