I'm not an expert at creating MP3 discs. This was my first time LOL.
I use a Dell OEM version of Roxio that became pre-installed on my comp. What I did was the following:
- used Windows Media Player 10 to rip the audio CD to my hard drive to MP3 and 256kbps.
- I did this for each audio CD (4 in total) and saved to the same folder, starting each mp3 file name with 01, 02, etc up to 83 (I ripped 83 tracks in total from 4 CD's)
- selected all the tracks in Windows Explorer
- dragged the tracks to my CD-RW drive (drive F)
- a balloon popped up telling me there were files to copy
- I selected to copy files to CD and then I selected "Data disc"
All files were burned in the order I wanted onto 1 CD, about 3/4 full.
Now, how do I eliminate the gaps between the songs to create a seamless mix? Again, it is perfect when playing in my ROM but not a standalone MP3 player.
Do I need a plugin, crossover link, etc. etc.
Hope this helps.