Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Loss Of Wireless Connection But Icon Still Shows Connection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 atromos

atromos

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:20 AM

Happy New Year!!

For months now I've been losing my wireless connection but my computer still shows that I am connected to the wireless network.

For instance, I'll be using Explorer or Firefox or Eudora just fine and then all of a sudden I can't send/receive emails or access the internet. The icon will show that I'm connected but if I click to refresh my wireless connection, the computer won't be able to find the connection and I have to reboot the entire computer to regain the connection. This occurs without warning and on several different wireless networks, including my home network.

I have the following:
IBM 2002 laptop running Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2.
Cisco Systems PCI Wireless LAN Adapter
Intel® PRO/1000 MT Mobile Connection
Texas Instruments PCI-1520 CardBus Controller

Do I just need a new network adapter? I'm worried that someone hacked into my computer and blocked my connection (long shot?).

Thanks in advance for all your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:13 AM

I would say that sounds like a driver issue. Find out the make of the Wireless device and try and update the drivers. If they have not gotn a update then just try to re-install them.
FocusToonSigStreched.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users