Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ctfmon.exe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gil Higham

Gil Higham

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:36 AM

I have this appearing everytime I bootup I always deny it to start up but it keeps appearing.I do not have Office on my machine which I believe this refers to is it necessary ,and how do I stop it,will it do any harm if I leave it alone.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:45 PM

This document should help you:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;282599

#3 Gil Higham

Gil Higham
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:27 PM

I have read the Microsoft website and it would appear that this is to do with Office,I do not have any part of Office installed and it does not appear in Control Panel,Add & Remove.Many moons ago I had Works 2003 installed and this probably had Office on it but I took it off because I never used it just kept Works suite 7.I presume it is not doing any harm and I'll just keep refusing to allow it to run will that be OK.?

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,717 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:00 PM

Would prob not cause any harm but have you tried the steps in that microsoft page under :

Can I Remove the Ctfmon.exe File?

#5 Gil Higham

Gil Higham
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:07 AM

I have read the microsoft page but as I have said ti seems to be concerned with Office products of which I have none installed also typing commands is OK if you know what you are doing and how to undo,I'm afraid I am not too well verse in issuing commands etc.so I think I'll leave it alone and just deny every time it appears.Thanks for your trouble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users