Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Standby Not Working After Instlling Bluetooth Keyboard

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 usrnme14

usrnme14

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:41 AM

Hello everyone,
I just got the new Bluetooth Logitech keyboard and mouse combo (Here's the page for it just in case) and I connected the Bluetooth adaptor for it and installed everything without problems. However, after this installation, when i put the computer into standby mode, only the screen shuts off but the computer remains on and running. It came to my mind that this new hardware is probably causing the problem, and when i disconnected the Bluetooth adaptor from the USB drive the computer went into standby fully and without problems. I realize it is this new installation that is causing the problem, and i would like to know if there is a way for me to still be able to go into standby fully without having to disconnect the Bluetooth adaptor every time.

Thank you so much,
Happy New Year!

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 02 January 2007 - 02:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:10 AM

Hello and :thumbsup: to BC

first I would like to note, You're not alone with this issue,

I took some time to venture onto the forums for logitech and I found atleast a couple of other people who had experience this same problem

I wish that the support techs actually took time to reply to those, As it would make your problem so much smoother to deal with

First thing take a look at this.

I realize this isn't exactly your issue but it might help solve it entirely, for all I know

Personally, I think its a problem with the drivers of your new wireless mouse/keyboard, its either that, Or the laser that guides those two is messing with signals going to your computer,

Ensure that you have everything updated with this combo and that all the settings are right, If this does not help you at all, come back and say what all happened or what didnt' happen and we'll go from here :flowers:

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:46 AM

I've found that the new Logitech SetPoint software is a real PITA. So, I've downgraded to the last version of their Mouseware and all my problems have vanished!

Here's a google for Logitech Mouseware. I used the 3rd hit for my download (the MajorGeeks one): http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=l...G=Google+Search
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 usrnme14

usrnme14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:51 PM

Well its not looking good so far..
First i went to the logitech link that you gave, did what it said, and it didn't help at all.
Then i went to the majorgeeks link and installed the new software and that didn't help.
Then i just got rid of the software all together and that didn't help either.
I also realized that the screen shut off like i said, but about 10 sec later it turns back on, i don't know if that changes the situation but i'm just letting you know.
So i don't know what more i can do to make it work.

#5 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:30 PM

I have heard.. and you may have heard this as well, That the solution to everything is a little duct tape, And a sledge hammer :thumbsup: Might just be me though
haha, Just a litlte humor for you :flowers:

You might just have to unplug and replug back in teh adapter everytime, might be something hardware related causing this, if the software parts didn't work

have you tried maybe downgrading software?, For whatever reason this helps some cases

Just a thought

Edited by resp, 02 January 2007 - 10:39 PM.

#6 usrnme14

usrnme14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:06 PM

I have tried downgrading the software, and in that case the screens stays off but the computer is still on.
Well i guess i just have to unplug it each time.

Thanks for the suggestions

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:53 AM

Since there's video issues also, it may be advisable to uninstall your video drivers and install the latest version available from the chipset manufacturer's website (generally www.nvidia.com or www.ati.com )
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users