Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is It Possible To Recover Something I Deleted On Accident?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gazymo

gazymo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:48 PM

well, I fudged up, and really not sure if there's much I can do about it, but here it goes. I ran a squared
trying to remove some major adware, and it pulled up a trace of morpheus, and not really thinking that
much about it, I left it on the remove list, figuring it was adware. Anyhow, I open my Wmediaplayer about
6-7 hours later, after removing a squared from my system (pretty sure it cleared any chance of recovering
it through a squared by doing so) to find that by removing whatever trace of morpheus that the adware
removal program found, completely deleted everything morpheus on my computer, more specifically, my
library of music which consisted of almost 3 years worth of collecting off of cds and such... anyhow, I have
always heard that the way they find deleted stuff on computers to use as evidence in cases against people
was that somewhere on your computer the stuff still exists, until you defrag your system. My question is,
is there any truth to this, and if so, is there any possibility of recovering the files manually? Any help is
appreciated.

Thanks~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:05 AM

First I would try to use a System Restore Point from before you modified your system.
You could also try FreeUnDelete 2.0 and see if it can recover your data.
By the way. You data can become unrecoverable simple by daily use of your computer. Not only when you defraq.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 02 January 2007 - 07:31 AM

WElcome to BC. If you check the freeware link in my sig there is a nice little programm called PC inspector which would do the trick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users