Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Os Wont Start Up

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 acidburned

acidburned

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:49 PM

i was waking up my computer from sleep mode and did some things and restarted my computer.now it starts up all the lights come on from the rom and burner,but not keyboard or mouse and then the fan goes,but xp never loads.im running xp home.any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:28 PM

Lots of possibilities and I'm no expert here. But try this. Do a full shutdown of the computer. Leave it off for 10 minutes or so, then boot back up and see if you still have the problem.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 acidburned

acidburned
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2007 - 01:47 AM

yes i do still have the problem.cant even boot into safe mode.i also see the light on the motherboard,but no keyboard or mouse lights and xp wont boot.i actually shut it down from sleep mode and since then cant get back on.

#4 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:34 AM

What exactly were these things you did when you originally woke up it from sleep mode, Since this never happened before you woke it up that one time, Its safe to assume that maybe something you did after waking it, is hte cause of all this. If not another question that comes up is, How long was it in sleep mode for? Not really an essential question but it may in fact help out who knows

Have you tried safe mode? or can you even get as far as to choose that option?

In all honesty, seems almost like a harddrive issue, but at the same time the keyboard/mouse thing leads it to be a motherboard issue as well

could be dealing with something easily solved here, Or extremely difficult

Have you tried starting up without your keyboard plugged in, to see if it recognizes that it isn't there, Have you tried this with your mouse as well? just a couple of ideas,

Last thing

Do you have your xp cd somewhere nearby incase you need to fully reinstall? :thumbsup:, Its a not so fun thing to do but the possibility is always there

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:32 AM

Does it ask to "delete the restoration data" or something like that? If so, then have it delete it and try to reboot. Deleting this data will lose the stuff that was saved when you last went into standby.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 acidburned

acidburned
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:34 PM

hmmm well i ran some more test and did the things that you nice people said to do and found out it was my motherboard it went bad.so im changing it.thnxs for the help.

#7 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:55 PM

I remember the time, I just starting making this computer, And I got a faulty motherboard, Oh man that's a pain..lol...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users