Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Probelm Installing Quick Times /itunes 7.02

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick_NZ

Patrick_NZ

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:29 PM

Hi

I'm new here so guess I better start by saying hello: 'Hi everyone from down under. Hope you had a good New Years'.

I'm having real issues uinstalling itunes - like everyone else i guess - but slightly different.

I don't seem able to install itunes 7.02 as quicktime won't install on my pc. I get only so far before I get the following message:

"the cabinet file ‘QuickTime.cab’ required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

I've tried all the solutions on the apple site including:
* uninstalling and re-installing itunes and QuickTime - now I have absolutely no itunes;
* installing QuickTime separately - still get the same error.
* running spybot, adaware and AVG free virus software - i have a trojan horse dropper agent.bmh that cannot be healed.

I would be so grateful for any help, advice, comments or suggestions you may be able to provide.

Thanking you all in advance,

Patrick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 _Peter_

_Peter_

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:09 PM

Have you tried downloading the Itunes setup program again? Also remember that if you downloaded Itunes from Apple.com there's an Itunes download for both Windows, and Mac operating systems on that site. Make sure you downloaded the right one for your OS.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:46 AM

Hello Patrick_NZ,
As you have an unresolved trojan,install may be blocked by it. Try these steps to remove
Download ,update and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware. Use the free Home User version.
Then run this online scan Housecall. if it's removed try your uninstall /reinstall witj Itunes.Let us know if it cleaned, we have other things to try.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users