Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Copying Gifs To Disc To View On Tv

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Coolagarry

Coolagarry

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 07:13 PM

Hi everyone. This is my first post.

I take lots of family pics and like to view them on my tv. I use irfanview to edit the pics and Ashampoo 5 to burn them onto a cd.
If I burn pics in their 'raw ' state (ie. when they have not been edited) then there is no problem, but when I alter the pics in any way i.e. remove 'redeye'. 'crop' the pics etc then the dvd player leaves a blank screen until I get to the next 'unaltered ' picture. Any idea how I can get around this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:21 AM

Hi Coolagarry, welcome to BC.
That's a new one on me. :thumbsup:
What image format are these pics in and what cd format (i.e -r,+r, rw, etc) are you burning to?
This might sound like a silly question but you're not altering the images directly off a cd-rw and then re-writing back to the same disc are you?

#3 Coolagarry

Coolagarry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:35 AM

Thanks HS.

I load the images directly off my camera onto my pc in .jpeg format.
They show as Irfanview graphics as that is my default for dealing with graphics
(Like that I have no problem burning them to cd and viewing them on my pc via my dvd player)
If I edit them in any way (Brighten them, Crop them etc) with irfanview then
the dvd player refuses to show them - it's the same with two different dvd players.

I burn onto Sony cd-r discs at the moment but I have the same result with different blank media. :thumbsup:

(For some reason in my heading I put Gifs?? I meant 'jpgs' DOH)

Edited by Coolagarry, 02 January 2007 - 05:47 PM.

#4 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:56 AM

Welcome to the forums Coolagarry!

Sounds like its irfanview thats at fault. Have you tried any other image editing program other than this? I'd download another program (demo) and see if you have the same problem.

If it solves your problem, great if not, come back here and report it!
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#5 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 31 January 2007 - 05:00 AM

I would check the output file format from Irfanview it is most likely that when you save the file it is of a file type that is not supported by the equipement. Make sure the file is saved back as a jpg file and you should be OK.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users