Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firmware Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mooniniteman

mooniniteman

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 02:50 PM

Im trying to update my DVD drive's fimrware so I can play FSX... so I get the update and it goes to the command prompt.... say data transfre was successful and then say

Failed to move to normal mode... then my drive is inoperbale until a reboot is done..... so how canm I update my firmware?

by the way here is my drive Pioneer DVR-111D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:02 AM

Hi mooniniteman.
What sort of problem are you having with FSX?
Reason I ask is because unless this is a burned copy, a firmware upgrade won't help.
Firmware upgrades address only new unrecognized media problems, a "non-issue" with an original or retail version of a program\game.
The problem with the firmware upgrade itself could be a few things. Wrong firmware version, old 40 wire data cable, incorrect jumper or cmos settings would seem the most likely scenario's.

#3 mooniniteman

mooniniteman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:32 PM

It happens during Installation of the game... in the middle of insatallation... or beginning ... I get this error message...

Error 1335/ The cabinet file ‘D1Feat~1/cab’. Required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used…

depending on how far I get into installation... Ill get an error other cabinet files.. normally 3,5,7 also....
im gettin kinda frustrated here :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove:

By the way this is the second copy of the game ive picked up and I get the same problem... I also found this and ppl seemed to have rectified it with a firmware update... hence y i asked...

Clicky

Edited by mooniniteman, 02 January 2007 - 02:35 PM.

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:21 AM

By the way this is the second copy of the game ive picked up and I get the same problem

OK mooniniteman, I take it's a store bought copy then?
Provided you are using the correct firmware update for your particular drive, available here, then I would suspect the data cable first as being the issue with the firmware update problem. I would try a new 80 wire cable. If it still won't take it may be the drive itself going south. Before you do that though you might want to see if you can just plain copy>paste the files from the game cd to your HD and run setup from there. You'll want "All Files" selected when browsing the cd.
BTW, what OS are you using?

Edited by HitSquad, 03 January 2007 - 09:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users