Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Pointer Possesed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Navalaircrewman

Navalaircrewman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 08:44 AM

Please help! I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 loaded with XP(sp2). I have the following programs loaded to help with virus and malware. AD-AwareSE, SpybotS&D, Spywareblaster, AVGFree, Ewido Security Suite and Windows Defender. The problem I'm having is the pointer will move either to the lower left (start button) of the screen or the top right corner of the screen. Once there I will try to move it but the pointer acts as if it's being magnatized there. I'll move it and it wants to go back or stick there. Some times I can't tell where the pointer is and moving the mouse or tapping the pad will not do anything. Only after doing this for some time will the pointer reveal itself.
I have ran virus tests and have found nothing. I have looked for installed programs in the add programs section and found nothing strange. I have read on forums that it could be a mouse problem, however that does not relate to me because I did not have a mouse attacthed to the laptop when I noticed the problem. I noticed the problem while viewing a movie with my wife during our stay in Paris. I noticed after some time the pointer would move across the screen from lower left to upper right on its own for no reason. would stop for a few seconds say 20 and then start to do it's unusual flight pattern. during that time I did not have a mouse attached to the laptop. There are no joke pointer programs installed and I ran a program intended to find the Peper Trojan but the result said no Peper files found.
I don't know what else to do. Thank you for your time and please help.

I accidentally post this topic in the wrong place so now I reposted here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:12 AM

Navalaircrewman welcome to BC and Posted Image
Did you try the solution buddy gave you in the other post?

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,588 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 01:10 PM

Since you are already receiving help here this thread is closed. Please do not duplicate postings as this causes confusion and makes it more difficult to get the help you need to resolve your issues. Thanks for your cooperation.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users