Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Probe & Everest Home

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 02:52 AM

Howdy all lads!

Just built my new PC and I'm a little confused about the temp (C) readings I am getting.... :thumbsup:

My specs are (in relation to this):

Intel E6600 w/ Thermalright SI-120 & Panaflo 120mm (68 CFM)
ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium nForce 590

Using PC Probe (as supplied with the board), I get a temp readin (at idle) of say around 40C, with the MoBo at around 29C.
When I open Everest home edition, and look at the Sensor (under Computer), I get the Motherboard reading at around 29C, which is okay...but there is no reading for the CPU - just 'Aux' which will say about 20-21C.....

Weird thing this - as soon as I check the temps in Everest, the temps in PC Probe change (believe it or not) to reflect the Everest readings - ie. the PC Probe CPU temp now matches the 'Aux' temp from the Everest Sensor...

What is that??? Am I going crazy?

Any help appreciated!
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 happyrock

happyrock

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:25 AM

everest may not recognize the CPU sensor..( to new)..thats why its not listing it...the aux are probably your drive readings......the sensors supply the readings to ALL the different programs that read them...speedfan ...everest and motherboard monitor...and the like...the small variations between the different programs don't mean anything...the values are changing constantly and the different programs may/will have different refresh rates...

Edited by happyrock, 01 January 2007 - 09:26 AM.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:58 AM

Just FYI - I've got an MSI 975x mobo, an E6600 proc, and a Zalman cooler - and my processor temp reads 35 C right now.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users