Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Add Printer After Removing Lexmark Printer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rod55

Rod55

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:35 PM

I've recently removed a Lexmark Printer from this P C and now cannot install another one because the print spooler
Has a dependency on one of the files that is installed with the Lexmark software. (LEXBCES.EXE) I went to Lexmark's support center and did what they told me to do, which consists of using the command prompt to first, expand the file LEXBCES.EX_ to the system32 directory as LEXBCES.EXE, and second uninstalling this file by typing the name of the file and using the -u modifier. I did this and it didn't work. I tried to reinstall the printer by running the setup file that came in Lexmark's software I downloaded, but it won't work because the print spooler won't start. There is also a service tied to this file called; "LexBce Server". It won't start, obviously, because the file isn't in the system32 folder anymore. The printer is a z-700 series. I am running XP Home edition.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated, Rod (wtbarp@sbcglobal.net)
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 02:47 AM

Microsoft has an article addressing this point. Error message when you try to start the Print Spooler service.

Warning. This entails modifying the registry so..

Posted ImageUse Extreme Caution!!Posted Image

Modifying your registry can damage your operating system beyond repair!

Before proceeding, backup your registry! NOW!!

Recommended registry utility. ERUNT Registry Backup

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users