Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netscape Browser Crashing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 bugster0121

bugster0121

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:23 AM

I have a compaq presario that I was using netscape 7.1 without any problems until a couple of months back my wife started having problems. I downloaded netscape 8.1 and it runs for about 3-5 minutes and then it crashes also. Any ideas? Im running windows xp SP2 and have
went back to IE6 and still have the same problem

Edited by bugster0121, 31 December 2006 - 10:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 31 December 2006 - 11:04 AM

Do you get any error messages, or does it just "stop working?" Does it generally crash when you are doing the same operation with the browser?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 bugster0121

bugster0121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2006 - 11:20 AM

Hi:

After 8.1 finally opens I then go to games.yahoo.com and then I can make to spades and that is when it closes. There is no error message supplied. Am trying it as I type now I started the program at 11:14and at 11:19 the browser box is there but the web page viewer only shows white.

Just got a netscape not responding error and am closing it now.

Tried to restart 8.1 again and after 5 minutes received another not responding error.
This time received a microsoft error reporting stating hung application after sending the error microsoft has not responded back.

Any ideas?

Tim

Edited by bugster0121, 31 December 2006 - 11:40 AM.

#4 bugster0121

bugster0121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:36 AM

I just uninstalled these programs and loaded firefox. Im closing this and wont
be checking back in

Peace

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 05:03 PM

Im closing this and wont be checking back in

Since the original poster has stated this topic is closed, and will not be returning to check on it. I will close it for them. This is to prevent someone from posting additonal information that will never be seen by the person who started this thread. If anyone has a similar problem please start a new topic.

Animal, Forum Moderator

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users