Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stronghold Crusader

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nozza

nozza

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 31 December 2006 - 08:10 AM

Hello People,
I have a dodgy copy of Stronghold Crusader, which didn't install itself properly and whenever I try to uninstall it, it performs Uninstall Shield "maintenance operations" and does not uninstall the game. In it's current state, the game does not work. I think this may have something to do with the fact that I think it is a pirate copy. Is there anyway that I can completely remove all registry records of the program from my pc so that I can reinstall it? At the moment it won't let me install it, because when the autoplay comes up it only has the "Uninstall" option. I've tried exploring the disc and I can't find any uninstall programs, as I said I think this is down to the fact it's a dodgy copy. Do any of you know how I can remove the program and uninstall it properly, as I really really like this game.
Any help is appreciated.
Cheers,

Nozza

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Fremder

Fremder

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2006 - 03:21 PM

Go to the Start Menu --> Control Panel --> Add or Remove Programs. Then find Stronghold Crusader and click the Change/Remove button and it should uninstall. If its not there its not on your computer.
You will not like me if I'm angry.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2006 - 03:52 PM

After using the Ad/Remove Programs program, it might prove useful to look for any Stronghold folders (sometimes the folders will be labelled after the manufacturer) and delete these, since they may contain odds and ends not completely removed by the uninstaller.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 nozza

nozza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:38 AM

Go to the Start Menu --> Control Panel --> Add or Remove Programs. Then find Stronghold Crusader and click the Change/Remove button and it should uninstall. If its not there its not on your computer.

I tried that, and Uninstall Shield loaded up and it said "Performing maintenance operations" but it didn't actually remove it. It still seems to think that it is installed, because the autoplay option only says "uninstall". If I deleted all the Stronghold files then I think it will still be registered as being installed on my computer. :thumbsup: Is there anyway of completely removing all records of it ever being on my computer, so that I can try to reinstall it? I think that deleting all Stronghold files won't completely remove it from my registry.
Cheers

#5 Jeroeny15

Jeroeny15

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:11 AM

Hi,

I had excact the same problem. And I just solved it, here's how I did it:
Go to computer > program files > Installshield installation information > {8C3727F2-8E37-49E4-820C-03B1677F53B6}
If you can't find this, search for 'Stronghold' on your computer, then it should show up.
When you find this folder, delete it (BACKUP FIRST).
Now you should be able to install and play stronghold crusader!

I hope this helped you.

Jeroen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users