Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Prof Sp2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 madhupagidimarri

madhupagidimarri

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 31 December 2006 - 08:10 AM

HI, I HAVE SOME PROBLEM IN WINDOWS GENUINE KEY, MY XP OS IS NOT GENUINE CAN U PLEASE TEL ME FIRST HOW TO CHANGE THE WINDOWS KEY AND SECONDLY IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN MANAGE THE UPDATES FROM MICROSOFT WITH OUT A GENUINE KEY.

MADHUPAGIDIMARRI

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killmypc

killmypc

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 31 December 2006 - 08:18 AM

If your OS is a pirated version, you will not find any help here.

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 31 December 2006 - 09:06 AM

The best way to go about is is to contavt your local Microsft office and purchase a legitimite copy. LIke killmypc said certainly not overhere but also not on the other reputable forums you will receive any assistence with pirated OS

#4 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 02:09 AM

sorry buddy i know what its like, i recieved a pirated copy of xp on my comp when purchased, the best thing you can do is complain to the seller, the sellers organization/store. or talk to microsoft. if you have a pirated copy of xp and a reciept of perchase i believe microsoft will send you a free copy of xp, but you need to prove that you bought it that way and so on. good luck. you should still get updates as long as you have auto updates on, but you will not be able to use wmp 11, or any other things you must dl from microsoft.

Edited by ussr1943, 01 January 2007 - 02:10 AM.

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 01:24 PM

MY XP OS IS NOT GENUINE CAN U PLEASE TEL ME FIRST HOW TO CHANGE THE WINDOWS KEY

MADHUPAGIDIMARRI

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures.

Second quote taken from here.

With thes two quotes in mind, I am closing this thread.

Animal, Forum Moderator

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users