Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hjt Log .. Seem To Be Infected Still Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 short4stuff

short4stuff

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 31 December 2006 - 02:44 AM

Started with an msn "worm" ... a link that got clicked and sends that same link to everyone else on your list. Anyways I am unable to update Bitdefender virus scan and unable to go on there website.. I am not sure if I am still sending links out to people on my msn but anyways... Someone tell me whats going on Thanks.

Running processes:
D:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
D:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
D:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
D:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
D:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe
D:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server\bdss.exe
D:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe
D:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\bdmcon.exe
D:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\bdagent.exe
D:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
D:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\vsserv.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
D:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
D:\DOCUME~1\Chris\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
D:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.ca/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDMCon] "D:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\bdmcon.exe" /reg
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDAgent] "D:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\bdagent.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] D:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "D:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - D:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - D:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe (file missing)
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "D:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O23 - Service: BitDefender Scan Server (bdss) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server\bdss.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: COM+ Messages - Unknown owner - D:\WINDOWS\system32\svchosts.exe" -e te-110-12-0000282 (file missing)
O23 - Service: BitDefender Desktop Update Service (LIVESRV) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: BitDefender Virus Shield (VSSERV) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\vsserv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: BitDefender Communicator (XCOMM) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe" /service (file missing)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 31 December 2006 - 12:48 PM

Hi short4stuff and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I don't see anything out of the ordinary in the HijackThis log. Let's try a different scanner ans see what it shows us.

Download WinPFind3U.exe to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named WinPFind3u on your desktop.
  • Open the WinPFind3u folder and double-click on WinPFind3U.exe to start the program.
    • In the Files Created Within group click 30 days
    • In the Files Modified Within group select 30 days
    • In the File String Search group select Non-Microsoft
  • Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
  • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
  • Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
Use the Add Reply button and Copy/Paste the information back here. I will review it when it comes in. If, after posting, the last line is not < End of Report > then the log is too big to fit into a single post and you will need to split it into multiple posts.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users