Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Latitude

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 philk

philk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 06:22 PM

Hi all
i have bought my son a used dell latitude for x-mas it has 10gig hd---256 ram i think -its a pentium 3.Has been working fine untill yesterday i loaded avg anti virus and was burning some photos when it froze,i shut it all down and now it just keeps booting up and a blue screen with error message about cant load the hive registry file and starting a memory dump. I have tried to run in safe mode and go back to a good config but still continues to reboot all the time . I have no recovery disks and dont know what to do can any one help as i dont know much about pcs. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:48 AM

Hi philk and welcome to BleepingComputer.
I assume you are running W2k? Could you post the exact error message, please?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 philk

philk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:13 PM

hi it says

STOP:C0000210<REGISTRY FILE FALIURE> THE REGISTRY CANNOT LOAD THE HIVE <FILE>:\SYSTEMROOT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SOFTWARE OR ITS LOG OR ALTERNATE.
IT IS CORRUPT,ABSENT OR NOT WRITEABLE.
BEGINING DUMP OF PHYSICAL MEMORY
PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMP COMPLEATE.
CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP.

Edited by philk, 31 December 2006 - 01:16 PM.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 31 December 2006 - 06:51 PM

Microsoft makes a utility that may help recover your registry. You must have your CDs to use the registry recovery tool. Dell will provide you with Recovery CDs for the cost of shipping. If you include the model Dell you have including the specific model number I may be able to find the link to order a replacement set of Recovery Disks. If Dell will not provide you with a replacement set of CDs you may find a replacement set on eBay for a fair price. If you are required to spend more than $70 or so spend the money on an OEM version of XP.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you expected but I do not see any other solution.

Windows 2000 Registry Repair Utility
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users