Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question About Bc Site And Advertisers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bernie70

Bernie70

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 05:24 PM

does BC endorse the advertisers and advertisements on the site? I've been a big fan of the site for a while, and I recently saw one that I might try since it looked a bit interesting. But I thought I'd ask. Just curious about this. Thanks so much...and I always recommend this site to whoever needs it. Thanks again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 06:26 PM

I can't remember the exact topics, but I remember reading in at least three that BC does not endorse any of the products in the ads. The only software you can be certain of are those programs discussed in the topics.

For [additional] clarity, topics on BleepingComputer and ads. The first topic has a post, #5, about what to do if there is an inappropriate one :trumpet:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/45907/disturbing-ads/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50648/members-no-longer-see-advertisements-at-bc/

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

Here is a link to a topic that discusses many free software programs: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

Orange Blossom :flowers:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 08:08 PM

Bernie70, If you have a question about any product, Bleeping Computer forums is the place to ask about such first. Members will give you an honest appraisal of those they've tried out.

Orange Blossom provided a link to freeware applications that BC members have tried and found useful.

Advertising that you may see on BC pages is not necessarily endorsed as BC has little control over such.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 Bernie70

Bernie70
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:49 PM

Thanks so much for your responses. I was always curious about the ads, but just wanted to make sure.

PS....Instead of downloading that "errorkiller" advertisement on BC, I used the Start Up List and Autoruns on BC and resolved the Windows 98 errors on my fathers older desktop....much simpler than relying on advertising LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users