Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mtp Device

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 flyspit

flyspit

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:55 PM

hi everyone I reinstalled windows and now my digital camera wont download pics and when i try my cam a picture shows up about the usb ports and i have a yellow caution sign with a ! on it in my device manager under Portable Devices at the MTP device.. :thumbsup: :flowers: any help would be great..thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 03:35 PM

You don't give us a lot of info. But it sounds like a driver issue to me. Usually after reinstalling Windows you then install drivers so that the hardware all works. There is probably also some software that needs to be installed before plugging in the camera.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 motherboard

motherboard

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:44 PM

right click in device manager, then select update driver and select automatic.

:thumbsup:

#4 flyspit

flyspit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2006 - 03:44 PM

thanks for the replies..the update thing didnt work..where would i uninstall the driver for the digital camera because i have the CD to reinstall it..the white bubble is gone i restored

Edited by flyspit, 31 December 2006 - 04:13 PM.

#5 flyspit

flyspit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:40 AM

it seems windows dont recognize anything plugged into the usb ports..i tried my printer and nothing no error reading or anything....any suggestions?..thank you

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:35 AM

Did you reinstall the drivers for your system when you reinstalled Windows?
Go to Start...Run...and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Do you see any red x's or yellow !'s?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 flyspit

flyspit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:30 PM

no there isnt any x or i is there a program i can use ?..thank you

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:24 PM

Did you reinstall the drivers after you reinstalled XP?

Give us the make and model of your computer and we'll be able to point you at the drivers.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 flyspit

flyspit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:56 PM

Hi..all i see is AXESS...spm micro..is that all you need or is there some where to find more info?..

#10 flyspit

flyspit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:16 PM

i have it fixed..all i had to do was uninstall and restart the computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users