Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Your Avg Anti-virus Free 7.1 Will Be Discontinued On 15. January 2007!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bamamcall

Bamamcall

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:44 PM

Is my version going to run out? Do I have to buy the new 7.5? Not sure what it is telling me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,616 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:51 PM

It means you need to upgrade to the next free version.
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/lng/us/tpl/v5

It will install over your present version. No need to uninstall your present version.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,717 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:52 PM

Out with the old, in with the new. AVG 7.5 free is available at:
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/avg-anti-virus...e/lng/us/tpl/v5
Derfram
~~~~~~

#4 French Chemist

French Chemist

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 31 December 2006 - 09:28 AM

I've been trying to do this update now for a few weeks and it just doesn't work for me and some friends out here in Brittany. Downloads correctly but will then do nothing when I follow the AVG instructions. I have got to the point of waiting to see if a magazine puts it onto a cover disk! All I get is a splash screen saying that a file cannot be found but it is on and off too quickly to read the files name.
FC :thumbsup:

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,616 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2006 - 11:27 AM

French Chemist-- Usually the quickest and simplest way to solve your problem of installing AVG antivirus is to uninstall the program completely from your computer and reinstalling.

http://www.grisoft.com/doc/7/lng/us/tpl/tpl01
288: How to uninstall AVG?
Click on Start > All Programs > AVG 7.5 > Uninstall AVG Anti-virus for Windows.
If you experience any problems with the uninstallation procedure, please follow the steps below:

Download the latest installation file of AVG from Downloads-Programs.
After downloading, run this file and choose the Uninstall Product option in the Select Setup Type dialog.
Finish the uninstall process.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 French Chemist

French Chemist

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:01 PM

buddy215

Will this work using the download that says it is a repairof 7.1?

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,616 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:15 PM

Not sure I follow you. If you have removed AVG Antivirus from your computer then you will need to do the full install.
I understood you had already attempted and were unable to do the repair install. That is the reason I gave you the instructions on how to uninstall AVG Antivirus.
Happy New Year!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users