Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speed Gear And Speedxp

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 unloaded

unloaded

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 08:28 AM

I have tried both speed gear and speedxp, they are quite amazing, however I wonder why r they so effective? are they safe to use? how do they work?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Xtr3me

Xtr3me

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 10:56 AM

They are totally safe. Just dont use them on online games etc, or you will be banned for speedhacking.

For normal use, its fine..All it does is speed up your PC perfomance, without tuning the clock, or date, or any fan speeds etc.

What is it you need it for in particular?
Posted Image
Currently Studying: HTML
Coming Soon for me: Flash Website Designing

#3 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:52 PM

my need is not particularly for playing games, but trying to improve the overall performances such as virus scanning, registry scanning, internet browsing, etc. But sometimes I do them simultaneously.

I asked this question about both programs because it makes my computer weird or even crash sometimes, but rarely.

my laptop's specifications: intel core 2 duo 2.0ghz, 1g ram, 997MHZ

BTW, how do these programs work?

#4 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:33 PM

anyone?

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:02 AM

While I'm not familiar with the programs, I presume that they adjust settings in your registry to optimize how your system runs.

Anything that modifies the registry also has the potential to hose your system. Try using this free, online scanner to check your system (it includes the Microsoft registry cleaner): http://safety.live.com/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:17 PM

I am using returnil virtual system, which any modifying to my system, including registry will be reverse on the next boot. Therefore I would only like to know how do both program work? Do not have to reply if you have not tried those software.

thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users