Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sounds

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:30 AM

I just realized after it happened again, that I have a minor issue, that I wish to boggle you all with :thumbsup:

you see, when Im on my computer, at times, it will make a weird sound, and by weird sound I don't mean like it starts you knwo weirding out on the hardware end

I have sounds playing while in windows, sounds like you would get from recieving a message on AIM, sounds like part of a song that I listen to playing, just like a 1 second clip

While that does not seem unordinary at all, I havne't bound any sounds to specific keys or any specific events, And it just happens at random, was wondering ifa nyone had any ideas as to psosibly why or how this is happening

Have no real Urgence to fix this just was wondering on opinions,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 04:50 AM

:thumbsup: Hmmmm.... Me thinks maybe you need an exorcist, not a computer geek. :flowers:
Sorry, couldn't pass it up, I have no idea what's going on...
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:45 AM

A better description of the sound would be helpful. "Wierd" doesn't really describe a sound, unless you are referring to Enya. :thumbsup:

Power supplies, cooling fans, hard drives and modems can all make sounds when failing.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#4 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:56 AM

Have you set any themes in the background, even accidentally? My daughter's computer somehow got set for jungle themes. (The kids probably did it.) While her desktop looked normal, there were all kinds of bug and strange bird sounds going on sporadically. It was kinda scary til I figured it out. :thumbsup:

#5 Xtr3me

Xtr3me

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:07 AM

I have some suggestions, but I need to know the types of sounds to offer any real help..
Posted Image
Currently Studying: HTML
Coming Soon for me: Flash Website Designing

#6 resp

resp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2006 - 03:51 PM

Exorcist, Yes, I have thought about it haha

The only two that play the most, are the AIM sound after sending a message

And a one second loop of a DMX Ruff Ryders Anthem, Not even joking

I could be in the middle of a game, middle of typing something, Middle of doing this and Ill jus tout of nowhere hear either of these play

I haven't ever fiddled with any theme or sound options, I haven't even been near them, Yes my computer is clean, AS I previously came to htis board to get rid of a virus, but this happened before that

Fans have weird sounds, so do hds or whatever, Hell one of my fans is half broken, lol, half the "wings" on it are broken because of cleaning attempts gone bad back in the day

THis is software related though, and has to do with something with windows, This I know, because Firstly

I have AIM sounds disabled, Completely, BEcause I don't want to be on ventrilo, Or in game and hear myself get messages on aim, I think they're annoying so I disable them whenever I reinstall

secondly, the song bit, Is not like the start of the song, Its like, Part of the chorus (albeit one second of it)

Its a mind boggler..lol I even checked the sound events part of windows last night to ensure that I didn't have anything set for those, And well, I don't

anyone got a number of a good exorcist?!?!? like the one in the movies :thumbsup:

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:08 PM

Do you have browser windows open at the time? Try closing them when the sound plays - and see if that kills it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 resp

resp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:52 PM

I have my browsers open 24/7 that Im on here basically because I hate having to reopen and reopen so I just idle on some random site and just leave it going, Im wondering if this problem isn't AIM related in some ways

most of it happens when Im in game in whatever, rarely will I hear it when Im just on my desktop so meh, we'll see, Considering this isn't exactly a priority fix for me Ill do what I can to notice hwen it hapepns etc, but I doubt Ill be paying much attention to it, its not serious enough to cause panic

#9 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:25 AM

I've had the strange music/voices coming out of my system. After having my head "dry-cleaned" I found that it was a web page that was generating sounds on an irregular schedule. I found it out by closing all browser sessions when the sound was playing.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#10 resp

resp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2007 - 12:51 PM

see that would nice and easy for me and all, But I got like half a second to close them, And well lol Most of hte time Im maximized in game when it happens, In games that take about 10 minutes just to minimize..lol, I think I hosuld just start by closing aimand go from there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users