Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dial-up Not Associated With Ie7 Or Outlook Express Now.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bruce S.

Bruce S.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:16 AM

Since I installed IE7 ever so often the dial-up would just stop opening up when I clicked on Internet Explorer icon in either the quick launch or any other icon linked to it IE7. I have uninstalled IE7 and reinstalled it and again it worked for awhile then poof the dial up stopped coming up and it forced me to go to dial-up shortcut or the start menu to get to the dial-up connection where I must start the dial up connection first and after connection is made to my ISP then I can bring up IE7 and most of the time it will bring up my homepage but sometimes it takes a couple of times of starting the IE7 for it to work.
The only thing I have found is that I am missing 3 files that used be on my computer. I am missing [b]iecont.dll , iecontlc.dll , and ieuinit.inf .
I have seen everything from IE7 Beta causing this problem, IE6 reinstall causing it, and even that the 3 files I listed iecont.dll, iecontlc.dll, and icuinit.inf are in fact spy-ware/ad-ware or Trojans??? any help would greatly appreciated since I must rely on dial-up due no other service available way out here in this very rural area, and I am unable to work due to disabilities that have robbed me of a lot of my vision, so satellite is too expensive and wireless links don't make it out this far, plus I get Internet service free from my past employer who owns the ISP that I used to be tech support administrator of several years ago.

Bruce S.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:04 PM

Is this subject solved?

0 user(s) are reading this topic