Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using Monitor As A Display For Video Game Console/tv

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 spencerm

spencerm

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 01:06 AM

Hi all!

First post here at bleepingcomputer. My buddy said there were some knowledgeable people on board over here! Thanks in advance!

I got an HP media center TV PC back in august. It came with a Hauppauge PVR150 PCI tv tuner card. I've had problems on and off with the ehrecvr service when trying to use the tuner to watch tv on the computer - in fact, I've never been able to get it to work [despite being paid $20+/hr to do computer tech support]. Long chats with the people at microsoft, hp, hauppauge, etc. sent me in fruitless circles. Anybody know of any way to simply use a computer monitor as a display for my video game consoles [namely my old dreamcast]? I need to be able to use AV composite cables for this. There has got to be a simple way to use my nice flat panel display to play video games and watch tv by channeling the signal from tuner card to monitor...

Spencer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users