Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd Questions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jginthnerjr

jginthnerjr

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:22 AM

I have a question bout burning dvd to you computer...how do you do it? and with what program? and is there any free downloadble program?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 01:37 AM

if you bought a dvd burner you should automatically get some sort of burning program with it, And I would use what it comes with

the good programs arne't free, they are kind of cheap I believe but , if you got one that came iwth your burner then use that, How do you do it, varies with the program

usually you just click burn Video DVD or whatever, and hten add the file and click burn

haven't myself ever done a dvd, I can't really say for sure :thumbsup:

#3 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2006 - 04:54 AM

I'm a little confused, are you copying from DVD to the computer, or from the computer to the DVD, or copying a DVD to DVD? :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#4 resp

resp

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 04:01 PM

Oh.... :thumbsup:

I just reread hte post.... WHY MUST YOU BRING IT UP WILDA! gawd..lol.. You're talking about ripping a DVD to your computer? o.o....

Im not quite as sure how to do this..lol I know how I do it with CD's..... Ahead Nero 7 premium Does it, it'll allow you to copy cd's or dvd's. However, its not free , Im not sure what the market value is for it, had it for a while .. Im guessing 20-30, could be wrong

While Id like to comment on programs I could find on gooogle, I have used none, So It hink you're better off just looking for yourself on that one, Just search up DVD rip program and see what you can come up with

Obviously when downloading programs always ensure that theyr'e authentic, and that the program itself works

Never download from sites that are unreliable or fishy in any way

#5 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2006 - 06:02 PM

Ripping dvd's just got worse for many of you.

I just found out that DVD Decrypter's web site has been shut down. If you can find that FREE software, I'd suggest you do so. Also, if you goto http://www.doom9.org, you'll also need to download a program called DVD43. It works with DVD Decrypter. Also, get DVD Shrink, because you'll need it if you plan to burn movies onto a 4.7G disc.

But, if you do have a ripping software that came with your burner, I wouldn't bank on it ripping ALL your dvd's. That's the purpose of the industry..... to stop the copying/ripping of copyrighted content.

And from what I've been experiencing, and the experience I have in converting/burning movies, alot of you are using software that's going to eventually cause ALL of your programs to no longer work, let alone, allow you to burn anything.

If you have, or get:
DVD Decrypter
DVD43
DVD Shrink

DeepBurner (FREE burner software)
.....you'll have all the tools to rip a dvd, 100%, every time, plus burn them. Well, at least I'm 100% successful on my end.

Tip: invest in a 20G or more HD and do all your ripping/converting/burning on that one, and make sure you don't surf the Internet using it, and NEVER attach it as a slave to other hd's that are used for surfing online.

#6 motherboard

motherboard

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:42 PM

You can use slysoft's "Any DVD" which removes any copy protection so you can copy well, any dvd.
Also, I use AVS media's video converter to convert and rip them onto my creative vision:m.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/
http://www.avsmedia.com/

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users