Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Enough Memory?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jayddren

Jayddren

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:55 PM

so Im trying to log into a game, I play all the time by the way!! and it keeps saying not enough memory please close some other applications and try again!!! why is it saying that??? I dont have any others open!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 03:10 PM

Please ask all support questions in the support forums. General chat is not for support.

"and it keeps saying not enough memory"

It does not have enough memory. Go buy some more ram. Make sure you read the specs before buying a game so you will meet the requirements.

Try right clicking everything next to the clock and exiting them out. This may solve your problem.

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 30 December 2006 - 03:11 PM.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 31 December 2006 - 12:04 PM

You may have unneeded applications that launch on startup and run silently in the background; these can use some virtual memory. You may also wish to turn off your computer before playing the game; this will reset your memory.
If you are NOT playing on-line, you can disable your firewall, AV, and anti-spyware applications to free up some resources.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 gkazule

gkazule

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 12:31 AM

You might also check to see how much room you have on your hard drive(s). Others may correct me if I'm wrong, but some programs seem to want more physical memory when they start up than was required to install them.

#5 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 01:20 AM

I have the same problem, the older I get, the less memory I have... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#6 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 01:29 AM

I have the same problem, the older I get, the less memory I have... :thumbsup:

You have Half-Heimers too.It's a small world. :flowers:

Sorry,off topic but felt like responding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users