Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ipod Will Not Install

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mailman34

mailman34

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 29 December 2006 - 09:41 PM

I HAVE DOWNLOADED ITUNES AND WHEN I TRY AND INSTALL MY IPOD MY HARDWARE UPDATE WIZARD
CANT FIND THE SOFTWARE TO INSTALL IT. I HAVE EVEN MADE A COPY OF THE ITUNES AND IPOD PROGRAM AND PUT IT ON A CD AND MY HARDWARE WIZARD STILL CANT FIND IT EVEN THOUGH ITS IN BOTH MY D AND C DRIVES. VERY DIFFICULT I MUST HAVE SPENT AT LEAST FOUR HOURS AT THIS NOW,
I HAVE INSTALLED AND UNINSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AT LEAST SIX TIMES. I'M RUNNING WINDOWS XP.
THE IPOD I HAVE IS THE 4GB NANO. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP OUT THERE, MY DAUGHTER IS READY TO KLL ME, THIS IS HER CHRISTMAS PRESENT.
tHANKS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2007 - 01:52 PM

Do you have a USB drive cable? If so, do you just yank it out of the PC or do you go to safely remove hardware? I had the problem you had and it was the USB cable. I ended up buying one for $20 and have had no issues since.
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#3 mailman34

mailman34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:45 PM

Thank you for your response but I know its not the usb cable because my son has a digital audio player and when I do install his software with the hardware wizard you can see the software install and then it says to restart the computer after you click finish. After I click finish it tells me that the hardware wizard has found new hardware and it wants me to install the software again.
It seems like this is some sort of hardware problem with my usb ports but I can plug my digital camera in and it works in the same port with no problem at all.
I cant even download my Ipod like I can with the audio player, the audio player came with its own software
but as I said its wants me to keep doing it over and over

#4 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:58 AM

Did your ipod come with a white CD? This would be the cd to install. It would say something like

"Install before connecting ipod".
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:37 PM

( after trying the CD)

Firstly, is the program you downloaded the newest version of Itunes (7+)

Secondly, remove the ipod from the computer. THEN start itunes up, and THEN plug the ipod into the computer. The ipod should then say "do not disconnect" or something along those lines. Itunes should then try communicating with the ipod. If it doesn't then click "file" and "sync ipod". It should at that point attempt to communicate with the ipod.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 mailman34

mailman34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:05 PM

:flowers: Thank You for your response, I did not receive a CD with my Ipod I made one from my download of Itunes. I did download the newest version of Itunes and I followed everything you said but my Ipod will not communicate with Itunes at all, when I click on file I'm unable to even click on sync Ipod because its not even highlighted to click on. When I go to device manager under other devices I get the Ipod symbol with the yellow exclamation point in it. Do you think that I have something setup wrong in my harddrive or in my USB ports. I'm having the same problem with my sons digital audio player, I have already described that problem in my second post. Do you think I should do some kind of test on my drivers to see if there capable for this equipment, I cant see why not because my computer is only 30 months old. Any help at all would be beneficial. Do you think I should post this topic in HARDWARE. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users