Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Slayer6571

Slayer6571

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 29 December 2006 - 08:53 PM

ok so i moved my newly built computer to another case. now, the sound doesnt work.

windows detects the device, its suppose to work (and it does work when i connect the speaker to the front) but no sound when connected to the back
:thumbsup:

EDIT: sry can someone move this to the correct forum plz? ty

Edited by Slayer6571, 29 December 2006 - 09:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nforce

nforce

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:49 AM

If you are using the onboard sound (like AC97), sometimes problems can just appear. I would try updating the sound drivers.

#3 Slayer6571

Slayer6571
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2006 - 04:08 PM

yea im using onboard but i dont see how a change in the case has to do with sound problems...nevertheless, ill update drivers... if there are any newer ones than the one i already have...

#4 Slayer6571

Slayer6571
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2006 - 02:00 PM

nope...that doesnt work

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:02 AM

Moving the computer doesn't have anything to do with the sound. But connecting/disconnecting the devices may cause Windows to "hiccup" when trying to recognize everything.

Onboard sound devices are particularly finicky. Try removing all the sound drivers using both the Add/Remove programs and the Device Manager. Then uninstall the sound card from Device Manager.

When you reboot, don't let it get into Windows - go into the BIOS and disable the onboard sound. Then boot into Windows and root around trying to get rid of any remaining vestiges of the sound card (such as the hidden devices in Device Manager).

Then reboot, re-enable the sound card, and let Windows detect and install it. Have the drivers handy (on a CD) so that you insert them if needed.

Hopefully all of this will enable the sound to be restored.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Slayer6571

Slayer6571
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2007 - 07:51 PM

how u get to the device manager again?

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:47 PM

Start...Run...type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users