Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recently Purchased Hp Pavillion A1520n Desktop Pc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rsd79

rsd79

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 29 December 2006 - 07:15 PM

I recently bought the HP a1520n desktop from Boxing day sale. What do you guys think? Honest opinions, whether negative or positive, are appreciated because I may return it. The Bundle I got included a MAG 19" widescreen monitor and HP a1520n for about $600 USD. I might return the monitor since my sister bought a Toshiba 20DL76 that has port to connect it to a PC. Please discuss.

Edited by rsd79, 29 December 2006 - 08:35 PM.

Dustin Penner is the new Jaromir Jagr.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 29 December 2006 - 07:48 PM

I like it. Would be bad for games though because of the graphics.

Edit: Ya I'm pretty disappointed in how much I paid for this system a year ago.

Pentium 4 processor 2.8Ghz, 1mb L2 cache

512 DDr ram

cd rom drive, and cd rom/cd burner drive combo

80 gig ATA hard drive

Integrated Graphics

15" screen.
This system cost me almost 750$. Wish I would of known as much about computers then as I do now. Also if I would of waited a bit longer things got better/cheaper, but I guess thats how technology is.

Edited by Sterling14, 29 December 2006 - 07:52 PM.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 rsd79

rsd79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 29 December 2006 - 08:31 PM

I just realized that the specs for the model at Amazon is different than the one I bought from Bestbuy so here is the real HP Pavillion a1520n

Product Features:

* The AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Processor 3800+ paired with 1GB of memory lets you do more at once without slowing down your PC. Multi-tasking has never been easier.
* 250GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) gives you enough room to store thousands of images, songs, documents and movies.
* 1GB DDR1 SDRAM memory for multitasking power, expandable up to 4GB.
* Burn and watch movies, listen to your CDs and more, with the built-in 16X dual layer DVD+/-RW drive.
* NVIDIA GeForce 6150LE graphics with up to 256MB shared video memory.
* Integrated 10/100
* I/O Ports: 7 x USB 2.0 (3 Front, 4 Back), 2 x Firewire IEEE 1394 (1 Front, 1 Back), 9-in-1 Memory Card Reader, Headphone & Microphone Jacks, PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse Ports, Ethernet (RJ-45) Port, 6 x Audio Jacks, VGA Port, Parallel Port, Serial Port
* Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 operating system preinstalled; software package includes Microsoft Works 8, Quicken 2006 (US Edition), Adobe Reader 7.0, Sonic DigitalMedia Plus, InterVideo WinDVD 5 Player
Dustin Penner is the new Jaromir Jagr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users