Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Guild Wars Graphics

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 29 December 2006 - 06:19 PM

Today I finally got my video card :thumbsup: . Well anyways all my games run much better except Guild Wars Factions. Actually Guild Wars Factions runs slower now then it did when I was useing integrated graphics! I tried all the settings on low and it continued to be glitchy. I'm going to look around a bit more for help on the internet, but I thought someone might have a good idea. I might also try updating the driver to. Oh and my Graphics card is an ATI Radeon x1300 256mb, 400mhz GPU. Thanks!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2006 - 06:22 PM

You will always be happier if you install the latest drivers for a new video card from the manufacturer's site.
Regards.
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2006 - 07:54 PM

Err just realized I do have the latest driver.

Edit: I went on to play and was messing with the graphics. I clicked a thing that said auto detect and put my settings to the second to best settings. So I'm starting to think maybe its not my graphics. Also I noticed my ping is going crazy. It jumped from 94 to 875, and a couple times even had a little disconnected symbol but I was still playing. I'm thinking its an internet thing now and maybe it will go away.

Edited by Sterling14, 29 December 2006 - 08:33 PM.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 Xtr3me

Xtr3me

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:21 AM

Yer, internet, Your card would run high just fine with no lagg.
That game can lagg sometimes. make sure your firewall is allowing all connections through that game, lagg could mean that your PC's firewall is blocking a main connection to Guild Wars. Guild Wars uses about 3 different connections. You probably have 2, seeing as 1 would take ages to log in. I dont know the port or anything, because it randmises for every PC. You will have to do that yourself.
Posted Image
Currently Studying: HTML
Coming Soon for me: Flash Website Designing

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:18 PM

Well I know this topic has been inactive for a while, but now I'm really confused. I've gone to other forums and tried many things and no one can seem to figure out why I'm getting like 7FPS with my ATI Radeon x1300 PCI 256mb graphics card while playing Guild Wars. The weird thing is I tried my integrated graphics again and there was really no lag and I was getting 15-20FPS! I can't play other games at all with my integrated graphics, but my graphics card runs them fine. I have tried so many different things such as lowering graphic settings (made no difference at all), opening router ports, free up all other PCI slots for no IRQ confusion, setting ram usage specific for the game, and some other things, but nothing has made any difference. So this is really starting to annoy me and I don't want to have to take out my graphics card every time i want to play guild Wars :thumbsup: . I really appreciate any help you guys can give me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users