Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Settlers 2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 philjay

philjay

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 29 December 2006 - 06:06 PM

i got this for my laptop, but cant get it working.

laptop is around a year old, it doesn't have the suggested ram but i dont think that is the problem.

the error message i get says com port 2 not detected. this is something to do with the laptop automatically looking for this for a 2 player mode.

the game installs but wont open at all

i've read elsewhere how you can rename com ports to resolve this problem, but when I go into device manager there is no com port option in the menu for me to change.

i dont mind buying more ram if i know this will resolve the problem.

anyone else come across this????????

:thumbsup:

(Moderator edit: revised Topic Description to describe the problem. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 29 December 2006 - 06:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chriscool9

chriscool9

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:40 PM

Hi. I had this error message as well. All you have to do is click ignore. Thats sorted it for me
Hope this helps

Chris

#3 philjay

philjay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2007 - 06:47 PM

fraid not chris,

it displays the error message & i dont get a chance to click anything it just disappears back to desktop without opening anything

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users