Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannont Send Mail In Outlook

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pencraft

pencraft

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 29 December 2006 - 03:33 PM

:thumbsup: I wanted to start using outlook at my office to keep track of appointments and e-mails. So I set it up for 5 different e-mail accounts: 2 adelphia, 1 hotmail, 1 for my college account, and 1 thru my company's website. I receive e-mail just fine but when I try sending out I get the following message:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Check this out
Sent: 12/29/2006 2:57 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Dxx Sxx (xxx@adelphia.net ) on 12/29/2006 2:57 PM
553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

(Names and e-mails have been changed to protect the innocent) :flowers:

I get that message or this one:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: FW: Ad - Central Book
Sent: 9/27/2006 12:38 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'xxx@yahoo.com' on 9/27/2006 12:38 PM
550 xxx@yahoo.com ...Relaying denied

Only Hotmail let's me send mail, so I have to use it to respond to all my e-mails, which is confusing to my contacts.

Anyways, I am running XP SP2 (some Home and some Pro), Outlook 2003. My service is Bellsouth DSL. My equipment for the network here is as follows: Netopia Router/Modem, Edimax Fast Ethernet Switch and a Linksys Wireless-G Access Point. Some computer are wired into either the Netopia or Edimax, and others are wireless. I've called Bellsouth and the said there's nothing wrong on their end. Please help. Let me know if you need any more info.

Melissa

P.S. I wasn't sure if this was an e-mail or networking issue so I posted here. Sorry if I was wrong.

Edited by pencraft, 29 December 2006 - 03:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:49 AM

This may have to do with what you have set up for the outgoing message protocol or whatever Outlook calls it. I use Thunderbird.

1) Did you set up the same default sending for each account?

2) Did you use a different server for each account?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

p.s. Until your problem is fixed, you could use webmail to send your messages eliminating your e-mail recipients' confusion
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 pencraft

pencraft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:23 AM

Each account is setup with it's own outgoing and incoming server, except for the 2 adelphia accounts. BTW, when I run "Test Account Settings," all the accounts pass.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2006 - 12:11 PM

These message seem to originate from whatever E-mail service you are using; see if its website has a help section that lists error messages and explains what they mean in English.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 pencraft

pencraft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:12 PM

I get the same messages for all three accounts. The adelphia accounts, for example, work perfectly fine with the same exact settings at home. That's why I'm sure that it's not web related as much as network related. My home network consist of a modem and a wireless router. That's the only difference I can see. Even my laptop works fine with Outlook at home but not at the office.

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 01 January 2007 - 12:57 AM

Is your ISP at your home and at your business the same or different?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 pencraft

pencraft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:03 PM

It's different, I believe. Doesn't the IP come from the router? How would I check?

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,334 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:56 PM

Doesn't the IP come from the router?

Your IP is from your service provider. A MAC address is what the router would have. MAC addresses are not relevent to e-mail set up.

To easily check your IP go to this link: http://whatismyipaddress.com/

Be (POP3) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

Edit: To fix link

Edited by Animal, 02 January 2007 - 03:57 PM.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 pencraft

pencraft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:08 PM

Without checking, I would have to say different because I have adelphia at home and at the office I have bellsouth. I will check though tomorrow my I have my laptop, but at least I know the one's in the office have the same address. Those are the ones I'm most concerned about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users