Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp On Install No Disk Error?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dizzybro

Dizzybro

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 29 December 2006 - 02:50 PM

so xp wouldn't install due to this no disk found error so i tried windows 98

ok i got windows 98 installed an working - but when i go to upgrade to XP (on boot) i still get the cannot find disk error!!!! However when installing while in 98 it loads the files-asks to restart- and then on restart i get a blue screen saying stop error or something and it wants me to do chkdsk /f and i did and that said to do a scandisk but i cant do a scan disk cause all my resourses are used or something! (and i cant get internet because my wireless card's cd only works with xp!!)

HELPPP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 29 December 2006 - 03:27 PM

not enough info ... is xp on copied disc , is cd drive old and cannot read that type of disc , is cd drive laser
dirty , is cd dirty , did you format the hard drive first . calm down and tell us exactly what happened

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 29 December 2006 - 03:34 PM

Could it be an SCSI driver is needed?

#4 Dizzybro

Dizzybro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2006 - 03:55 PM

I am using my friends xp, it has been tested and works, right now i am using my computer under windows 98 (that did install and i got the internet working), donno if its a laser but its less than a year old, has been cleaned using a professional cleaner kit (cd with two brushes on it and u put some liquid cleaner or something on one of the brushes), and thanks to the windows 98 cd it is a fat32 format.

Edited by Dizzybro, 29 December 2006 - 04:44 PM.

#5 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:26 PM

if its the hacked copy of xp it will only install on boot from formated disc or over win 98 in windows.
last resort is start in dos , run smartdrive and install out of the i386 folder on disc. run winnt.
gtg good luck

#6 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:27 PM

unfortunately i don't think we are allowed to help you as we may not participate in illegal activities and copying winXP installation cd for more than one computer and not only that but for someone else is against microsoft's policies and can land you in court if they find out and decide to pursue legal action.
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

#7 Dizzybro

Dizzybro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:41 PM

its not an illegal copy tho....i am using a real xp disk...

Edited by Dizzybro, 29 December 2006 - 06:48 PM.

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:11 PM

...I am using my friends xp...

This is what makes it illegal (per the EULA).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users