Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Restarting Or Hang

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 alexlht

alexlht

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:29 AM

I can switch on my pc for 1 week without offing it and it runs perfectly fine. But the problem is when I play games, it will hang and restart itself. What is happening?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:01 PM

Try restarting your computer before playing games.
Generally, where does the computer hang when playing games; for example, can you get past the load, or get past the initial screens?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:33 PM

Do you get an error message when the computer spontaniously restarts?

If not you need to disable it from restarting on error.

To stop the spontaneous rebooting and be able to see the bsod which has information we can use to diagnose the problem do the following:

Right click on the "My Computer" icon on your screen, then select "Properties", click the "Advanced" tab

Click "settings" in "Startup and Recovery Settings"

Then uncheck Automatically Restart

Click "Apply" and then "OK"

In your next post give us the information on the BSOD (stop message).

It should look something like this:
0x0000008E (Followed by four other sets of numbers in parenthesis.) and some other information.

Explanations for various stop errors:
http://wiki.djlizard.net/STOP_errors
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

#4 alexlht

alexlht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2006 - 01:16 PM

This is what i got when i see the detail after the reboot...asking me to send the error or anot.

C:\DOCUME~1\Hongting\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER24cd.dir00\Mini122906-03.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Hongting\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER24cd.dir00\sysdata.xml

#5 alexlht

alexlht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2006 - 01:57 PM

Caused by file: nv4_disp.dll

0x00000050 (0xF984514C, 0x00000000, 0xBF173CDE, 0x00000000)

nv4_disp.dll - address BF173CDE based at BF012000

Datestamp 411096d7

#6 alexlht

alexlht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:14 AM

Anyone can help me?

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:48 AM

Generally this problem is caused by your video drivers (nv4_disp.dll). And, once again "generally" the fix is to uninstall your video drivers and install the latest version from the nVidia website ( http://www.nvidia.com ). I'd give a direct link, but the site isn't responding to my browser right now.

The reason that I've stressed "generally" here is that this is the most likely cause of your problem. This is because Windows has said that the problem was caused by nv4_disp.dll - which is a part of the nVidia display driver.

But, research into the particular error message shows that it can be other problems, such as bad memory, or some software. Here's the link: http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x50
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users