Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ultimate Boot Cd

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dg1279

dg1279

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 29 December 2006 - 07:45 AM

Acting on previous i visited www.ubcd4win.com/news.htm and read through the instructions/advice on this the official and especially the How To Build Section Idownloaded the program on to My Computer C;/ Drive . I do not have a Windows XP CD 1 or 2 as my computer came pre-installed with Windows XP Professional. As instructed i transferred the files on to a CD which is a CD-RW. wHEN I FINISHED I TRIED TO OPEN IT BUT could NOT because a Window opened with the following message, C:/ubcd4win.exe is not a valid Win 32 application. I then Clicked on to My Computer and Clicked on Open only to receive the same message as when i tried to open on my CD. The message being C:/ubcd4win.exe is not a valid Win 32 applicationThe instructions on the official site do not state as to whether i should be using SAFE MODE and or BOOT IN . All my CDs are of the type specified which i understand to be CD-RW.This being the case i would appreciate any help, guidance, step by instructions or procedures as to how i can overcome this hurdle. If this is not possible then does anyone know of a site where i can do a straight forward download for this particular program.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users