Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! No Web Browser Audio

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shomershabbas

shomershabbas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 29 December 2006 - 02:14 AM

To any and all who would are willing...

I am not able to hear any audio whatsoever through either internet explorer or firefox...both are the most up to date versions and all plugins (flash etc...) are also current and up to date. The problem occurred when I installed a codec package, supposedly an end all be all solution to codec issues...turned out not to be the case. Anyway, upon discovering that I had lost audio support in my web browsers, I uninstalled the codec pack immediately, but the problem remains. I am however able to hear audio through any media players (winamp, wmp etc...), or other programs that require audio on my comp which are not a web browser. In fact the only way I can hear audio through my browser is when it initializes wmp, quicktime etc... to play video online. Youtube or anything similar will not play audio...I get video just fine...but no sound.

An intractable problem? Perhaps...and I am willing to format if absolutely necessary, but would much rather avoid it. Does anybody have any ideas, advice, words of wisdom? Anything would be most welcome at this point...thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,696 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 29 December 2006 - 03:26 AM

Since the problem started with the installation of the codec and uninstalling it did not solve the problem, I would suggest using system restore. Make sure you save and close all files before doing so. Pick a date and time just prior to the installation of the codec. Any updates to programs you have done since then will need to be redone.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users