Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Connection Without A Wireless Router

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 slayer87

slayer87

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:16 AM

Ok. So what im trying to do is get internet access on my psp without having to go out and buy a wireless router.
Currently i have 3 computers hooked up through a router that isnt wireless. Im using static ip adresses on all computers. I have a wireless card in one of the computers. What im trying to do is use ICS on that computer with adapter to give internet access to my psp. The problem i run into is as soon as i enable ics i lose internet connection on that computer and obviously my psp cant connect. Also my wireless network connection says its not connected but i assume that is because its not communicating with a router or anything. I got the idea that this might possibley work from this http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/n...up/adhoc.mspx#3

I dunno it seems quite complicated and confusing after i typed this out... any help would be appreciated if this is even possible to get to work. Thanks for any help in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:15 AM

There is no way to connect wireless without a Wireless Router / Gateway / Access Point. A wireless card in a PC is not a access point and can't be used to provide a wireless conection to other devices. this has to be done through a Wireless router.

Sorry Mate.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users